Keep your Cool with a regular Car Air Conditioning Service!
The Air Conditioner is not always included in a ‘standard’ or log book service, so it can be easily neglected. In saying that, a regular vehicle service should always check for the more obvious faults which may be associated with an Air Conditioning system operating below expectations, such as:
- Drive Belt Tension
- Visible signs of refrigerant oil stains or the compressor, hoses, pipes or fittings.
- Loose or faulty compressor or equipment mounting brackets
Anything beyond this cursory inspection then requires a full Air Conditioning Service.
What Is Included In A Car Air Conditioning Service?
This will usually include the following as a guide:
- Inspection of drive belts and pulleys
- Check operation of valves and thermostats
- Inspection of hoses and components
- Evacuate system & recover refrigerant (weigh amount and record)
- Add required amount of refrigerant oil
- Charge system with recommended refrigerant type and capacity (if required)
- Condenser temperature check
- Suction line temperature reading
- Leak test system lines and components with an electronic leak detector
- Run vehicle to check air vent temperature and report
Additional or Optional Extra Service Requirements
- Deodorize and sanitize system*
- Cleaning of condenser or radiator fins
- Any additional dismantling of other vehicle components in order to gain access
- Adjustment or replacement of drive belts and pulleys (may require component dismantling)
- Replacement of any valves, hoses, thermostats or other components as may be necessary
- Replacement of receiver drier filter if required
- Any additional or advanced diagnostic testing
* It is strongly recommended to thoroughly sanitize the cabin air ventilation system, using commercial grade steam cleaning equipment (as opposed to a simple vent spray). This helps to ensure the removal of harmful mould, bacteria, and mildew that can build up in the vent and condenser cavities.
Call Leading Car Care on (03) 9314 9779 for complete car service. Our highly-experienced mechanic is here to offer you the comfort of well-maintained temperature through the best car air conditioning service.
Our Service areas include West Footscray, Tottenham, Brooklyn, Kingsville, Seddon, Yarraville, Brooklyn, South Kingsville, Braybrook, Sunshine West and other nearby suburbs.